As countless articles are released every day about physician recruitment, retention, and compensation, there is a lot of reading required to succeed in this industry! With summer travel plans, it can be exhausting (and near impossible) to keep up with it all.
That’s why we asked our team of Client Success Managers for the most valuable recruitment articles they’ve seen so far this summer. Take a look at what they’ve highlighted. You might even be able to catch up on these reads while at the beach or pool.
1. The Job Market for Doctors Is Booming. Here’s What It Means for You - America’s physicians today are in high demand. How are they practicing differently than they have in the past? And what does this mean for the rest of America? This Fortune article summarizes findings from a new study by Merritt Hawkins, which points to seven trends that are reshaping how healthcare is delivered.
2. The Top 4 Reasons Physicians Change Jobs: What Recruiters Should Know - Nearly 20% of doctors plan to make a career change within the next 12 months. In this article, you’ll learn the common reasons doctors change jobs today, and how recruiters can best support physicians who want to make that change.
3. Physician Recruitment ROI and What it Means to Your Organization - How are you calculating return-on-investment (ROI) for your recruitment? A great summary on why ROI is important in physician recruiting, along with some ideas for how you can increase ROI at your organization.
4. Physician Recruiters: 3 Tips for Your First Medical Conference - Check out these 3 tips on how physician recruiters can gain the most from attending medical conferences. Many of these conferences begin in the fall, so now is a great time to start thinking about them. If you’re interested in learning more about how to get the most out of attending physician conferences, sign up for Doximity Talent Finder’s August webinar, where we’ll dive a bit deeper on this topic.
5. Newly Trained Physicians Swamped With Job Choices - This article summarizes key findings from the Merritt Hawkins 2019 Survey of Final-Year Medical Residents including what they are (and are not) looking for in their first career.
6. Physician Compensation Increases; Up 3.4% for Primary Care Doctors - According to the Medical Group Management Association’s (MGMA) Provider Compensation and Production Report, total compensation for all providers increased at a rate between 7% to 11% over the last 5 years. This article breaks down the increase by specialty. For more insights on physician compensation, check out our takeaways from Doximity’s 2019 Compensation Report.
Looking for more great articles to read? In our humble opinion, the Doximity Talent Finder Blog is your one stop shop! New articles are posted regularly and will keep you in the know on the latest trends and happenings in modern physician recruitment.