Here at Doximity Talent Finder, we know there are a lot of articles about physician recruitment, compensation, etc. on the internet, and we also know that recruiters are busy and don’t have a lot of time to sift through the countless articles each week. So, we’ve done the hard part for you!
Here are some articles our team has deemed the most important for physician recruitment so far this fall.
1. Effectively Recruiting and Retaining Physicians: A Strategic Approach for 2020. A 2019 survey found that over 20% of doctors plan to make a career change within 12 months, and as many as 70% of physicians across all specialties change jobs within their first 2 years. This article, written by Doximity’s Dr. Peter Alperin, shares why doctors change jobs, what it is they are seeking, and strategies to recruit them based on his own experience getting reached out to by recruiters. We think this is a must-read for all physician recruiters!
2. Top 3 Physician Recruitment Strategies. A new study by the Association of American Medical Colleges predicts the physician shortage may reach 122,000 physicians by 2032. That being said, it’s even more critical that your physician recruitment strategies are tactful and carefully thought out. This article from MarketWire provides 3 ideas to incorporate into your recruitment plans for this year.
3. Physician recruitment has a 'Cheesecake Factory' problem: What that means, and how 3 CEOs are solving it. Hospital CEO’s seem to agree that physician recruitment and retention has captured their attention as a top strategic threat. Truthfully, this isn’t surprising as Doximity’s 2019 Compensation Report shows physician demand has climbed every year for the past three years. This article from Becker's Hospital Review takes into account the opinion of several hospital CEO’s on what the new landscape for physician recruitment looks like and how to stay on top of it.
4. How this Seattle startup is using telemedicine to help curb the spread of the coronavirus. Amid growing concerns about COVID-19, the power of telemedicine is being put to use. Here’s one example of how a startup telemedicine organization uses its technology to help combat the virus and how it’s seeing a spike in enrollment because of it!
5. 4 Reasons Why Burnout is More Common Among Physicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that are demanding and stressful, so why do physicians experience burnout faster and more often than other professionals? This article explains why.
Looking for more great articles to read? In our humble opinion, the Doximity Talent Finder Blog is your one stop shop! New articles are posted regularly and will keep you in the know on the latest trends and happenings in modern physician recruitment.