Chances are you’re reading this article on a smartphone or tablet. Do you know the average U.S. consumer owns 7.2 Internet-connected devices? Everyone is mobile these days, and physicians are no exception. In fact, when it comes to new technology updates, physicians are often at the top of the curve. Take the new Apple iPhone: Physicians adopted the iPhone 7 faster than the rest of the population!
Mobile is officially a staple in the doctor’s office: 84% use smartphones for professional purposes and tablets have risen to nearly 60% (according to eMarketer and a Kantar Media study). Take the Doximity app, for instance. It’s consistently ranked among the best – and most used – apps for doctors. In fact, Apple lists Doximity as a top app for healthcare professionals in its App Store.
For doctors who’ve long relied on sifting through medical journals for new information, Doximity is an easy way to get credible medical news and stay up to date on the latest current events in medicine. It offers HIPAA-secure texting, a free efax number, and powerful search options for specialist referrals and more. Doximity also helps doctors navigate their careers; they’re mobile, and that’s where they go to look for a new gig.
Obviously, with all these doctors on mobile, it should follow that mobile is the new physician recruitment frontier. Are you getting your message into the hands of mobile physicians? If you aren’t using mobile for recruitment you’re in danger of missing out on top talent. Consider these stats from Mobile Strategies 360:
- 90% percent of job seekers use mobile devices in their job search
- 78% of candidates would apply for jobs on their mobile phone
- The number of mobile searches overtook desktop searches on Google last year
Making your recruitment mobile means making it easy for candidates to find what they want about your opportunities. Here are a few ways to ensure your efforts are optimized for mobile:
- Make sure your career site is optimized for mobile. Check with your smartphone or tablet right now. Is the content laid out to be easily scrolled through and are the buttons larger for selecting on a touchscreen? If not, it’s not mobile-optimized. It should be easy to navigate just like other apps you use regularly.
- Try the candidate experience yourself. Apply for a job with your company right now from your smartphone or tablet and see for yourself what the experience is like for your candidates.
- How many clicks does it take to get to your jobs? Better yet, how many clicks does it take for a candidate to apply for an opportunity? It should only take one click. If you’re using Doximity Talent Finder to recruit great physician candidates, the “Apply Using Doximity” method is instant: Doximity physician members simply submit their verified online profile as a curriculum vitae (CV) for an open job opportunity with one click. They can even apply from their smartphones and tablets—and recruiters can then reach out to physicians directly.
The increased use of mobile health technology is shaping a way to better connect and communicate, from recruiters, to physicians, to patients, and if you’re still skeptical consider this: there are more mobile phones than toothbrushes in the world.
Speaking of mobile technology, are you using the Doximity Talent Finder app on your mobile device(s)? It’s the best app for physician recruiters. Jamie Haines, MA, a physician recruiter and onboarding specialist at Meridian Health travels frequently and she raves about the app: “I’m on the road a lot, but I still get a lot of sourcing and recruiting work done with my phone and the Doximity Talent Finder app in hand.” If you’re not using the app, you can download it here.